7 Easy Ways to Combat Poor Aging With FOOD
Who wants to dry up like a prune?
Who wants their neck to wobble like a turkle?
Who wants to feel tired and achy every morning?
Who wants the onset of age-related diseases?
NOT A SOUL.
If we're being honest with ourselves...
Deep down, we all just want to live a happy, healthy life for as long as possible.
Why do you think the beauty and anti-aging industry is so hot right now?
Everyone wants to sell you the next magical cream... or an "all-healing" pill.
Today, we're going back to the basics... What are you putting in your body?
Here are seven powerful anti-aging foods to add to your diet today.
They are full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories that are absolutely essential for a more youthful you.
Take a look.
1. Turmeric. First up is this incredibly powerful herb most commonly known for its use in traditional Indian dishes. Not only is it tasty, but it is also packed full of skin-beautifying and anti-aging properties.1 Several studies suggest this herb has the power to help protect against neurodegenerative diseases, joint degradation, and even heart disease.2
2. Blueberries. That’s right — science has shown that blueberries have the power to help promote longevity and slow down aging. This is especially true when it comes to brain health. With Alzheimer's disease being one of the top causes of death in America, we could all use extra protection against brain aging.
3. Nuts. Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats help reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular and type 2 diabetes. And guess what? Nuts are full of these healthy fats. Along with a healthy diet, snacking on nuts instead of processed foods may help delay signs of aging.
4. Collagen Protein. There is more collagen in the body than any other protein. It’s the primary structural protein in our skin, bones, and muscles. But here’s the problem: As our bodies age, they become less and less efficient at making this protein. And that leads to unhealthy-looking skin, fragile bones, and weak muscles. Collagen supplements can help your body’s decreased ability to create this protein, making you look and feel younger. Bone broth is a great natural source of collagen as well.
5. Dark Chocolate. Who says you shouldn’t have a treat now and then? In moderation, dark chocolate has incredible anti-aging benefits. The key is to choose dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa content. Otherwise, you’ll be consuming a lot of sugar, which may counteract the benefits of the cocoa.
6. Salmon. Salmon contains a large amount of the super-antioxidant called astaxanthin. Studies show that astaxanthin helps strengthen the immune system, decrease triglycerides, and increase HDL cholesterol. These effects, in turn, lower the risk of many age-related conditions including stroke, heart disease, and neurodegenerative diseases.3
7. Avocado. Avocados haven’t made their way into the spotlight for no reason. They are a powerful superfood capable of promoting youthfulness and longevity. Avocados are packed full of antioxidants and monounsaturated fatty acids, which are essential for healthy skin, brain functioning, and arteries.
There you have it. These are the foods you should regularly be eating if you want to feel young again.
And who knows... maybe after nourishing your body with these foods, you’ll be glad when others try to guess your age.
To your health,
President, Longevity Insider HQ