The Little-Known Cause of Aging - Part 2
Excerpt from my book, The Longevity Equation:
"When your cells have had more than enough DNA damage, stress, and telomere shortening, they enter a state of growth arrest known as cellular senescence. This function is put in place to prevent damaged cells from turning into cancerous cells. However, in the process, it also stops allowing worn-out tissue to be replenished and rebuilt."
Welcome back to Part 2 of The Little-Known Cause of Aging series.
Last week, we talked about cellular senescence and how it can lead to "zombie cells."
Unlike other damaged cells, zombie cells don’t self-destruct or clear out of the way to make room for healthy cells. Instead, they stick around and interfere with the body’s natural rebuilding and replenishing mechanisms — which is a very bad thing for aging.
For this reason, we want to stimulate autophagy, which means "self-eating."
We want those zombie cells to destroy themselves.
And here’s the good news!
I have developed a potent blend of phytonutrients that can help stimulate autophagy and dramatically enhance the number of zombie cells that your body can eliminate. It’s the only supplement of its kind that works on a cellular level to help flush toxic zombie cells out of your body and pave the way for fresh, new, rejuvenating cells to take their place.
It’s called Restori-Cell, and it gives you a way to rewrite the script and change the way you think about aging. It was created to boost mental clarity, promote youthful, all-day energy, and support a natural, healthy weight. Restori-Cell meets the highest standards of quality and features five highly specialized nutrients in scientifically-supported doses:
- BERBERINE HCL (Berberis aristata) (root): Studies have shown that berberine can lower unhealthy cholesterol and triglycerides, slash blood glucose levels and restore metabolic function, and protect human brain cells from toxic proteins that cause cognitive decline. South Korean researchers published a study that demonstrated how it activates a very special enzyme called AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). It’s like the “autophagy master switch.” When your cells reach the end of their lifespan, AMPK tells your body it’s time to recycle the cell. It can help your body target the zombie cells that are sabotaging your health, flush them out of your body, and create space for healthy, fresh, and new cells to take their place. In fact, a study published in the journal Aging Cell found that it could extend the lifespan of mice by 16%! Berberine is such a potent cell-restoring nutrient that many people report that they can almost feel it working its magic.
- HESPERIDIN (Citrus aurantium) (Citrus peel): Hesperidin is a special flavonoid extracted from the peel of bitter orange. It’s highly effective at helping you wipe away wrinkles and fine lines. That’s because zombie cells deplete your collagen, which is what keeps your skin firm, hydrated, and supple. Hesperidin has been shown to stimulate the removal of those zombie cells and restore healthy collagen levels. It’s also been shown to strengthen your skin cells against environmental toxins, protect them from UV damage, and improve wound healing.
- GYNOSTEMMA (Pentaphyllum) (leaf extract 20): Gynostemma is native to Japan, China, and Korea, where it’s long been called the ‘little herb of immortality.’ That’s because inside its leaves are powerful plant flavonoids called gypenosides that activate AMPK and help supercharge your natural autophagy. There is evidence that showed gynostemma could have powerful effects of weight gain associated with zombie cells. Another study demonstrated how gynostemma could improve nitric oxide production and help protect healthy cardiovascular function, support normal blood glucose levels, and promote a strong immune system.
- QUERCETIN: Studies show that quercetin actually slows down the rate of cellular aging and can even rejuvenate old cells before they reach their Hayflick Limit. So, you might not even have to worry about zombie cells in the first place. Quercetin’s cell-protective benefits have been demonstrated to improve energy levels and increase exercise endurance. It’s also been shown to dramatically reduce pain. In a separate study, quercetin was even shown to reverse markers of chronic brain degeneration and improve performance on memory tests.
- FISETIN: There’s truth in the saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Fisetin is a natural plant compound found in fruits like apples and strawberries. Fisetin is one of the most exciting anti-aging discoveries of all time. Researchers have discovered that fisetin could destroy 50% of the zombie cells in mice!! More impressively, the mice in the study that started fisetin late in life still lived up to 15% longer than the control mice, and even though the mice were living longer, their physical health didn’t decline. Fisetin also boosts immune function, stimulates neuron growth, balances blood glucose levels, decreases age-related bone loss, and even reduces symptoms of low mood by increasing circulating serotonin levels.
I made this with you in mind.
To your longevity,
Anil Bajnath MD
CEO/Founder, Institute for Human Optimization
Chief Medical Advisor, Longevity Insider HQ
*Today's content is provided by the Institute for Human Optimization (www.ifho.org).